GSW goes Copenhagen


 We met at the school at 8:30 on Sunday. We waited for the bus but we got a message that the bus would be late because the company thought we would leave at 21:00 in the evening. At 11 -11:15 the bus arrived and the students quickly stored the suitcases. The bus driver gave us 200€ as an apology to the class treasury and the second driver, Patrick, was also very nice. As of 17:00 there was no traffic jams and we had two 15 minute breaks. Some students went to the toilet and many went to McDonalds. We were almost in Hamburg at that time. The ride is very entertaining and fun but for 3 hours it was very quiet because everyone was sleeping or busy. When we arrived at the coast, we waited 25 minutes for our ferry. We then took the ferry for 1 hour. When we arrived in Denmark we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us and since everyone was tired it was very quiet. We arrived at our hotel at about midnight and had breakfast at 8 the next day. 

On Monday, some students showed up for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. and the other students at 8:30 a.m. Shortly after, at 9:05 a.m., the meeting point was outside, so all students walked to the subway station together. Then everyone took the subway to the city and had a city tour. After the tour, the classes met and the students had the rest of the day off and could plan their day accordingly. Some went out to eat together and others went back to the hotel and spent their evening there. 

Tuesday began with breakfast at 8:00 a.m. again. After breakfast everyone went back to their rooms to get ready for the day. At 9:15 a.m. we met outside the entrance of the hotel for our excursion to the aquarium “Blue Planet”. Our bus took us there in only 10 minutes. In the aquarium we could see a lot of different kinds of fish and some we were even allowed to touch. We also learned a lot about sea otters and saw how they got fed. The aquarium had to save them because they were abandoned by their mothers and would not have been able to survive in the wild. After we left the aquarium at around 12:30, we had the rest of the day to explore Copenhagen further. 

On Wednesday, we spent the first part of the day in Roskilde, a small town next to Copenhagen. There, we went to a Viking Ship Museum and learned about their history. We could even fight with rubber swords and shields and played tug of war. 

Our final day started at 8:30 a.m. with Breakfast. After that we were allowed to go back to our rooms till 11:30. At 11:30 we met up with everyone in front of the Hotel. We waited for everyone and when there were there we walked all together to a Kajak rental. When we arrived we checked who wanted to ride with the kajaks and who didn’t. The people that wanted to ride had to go to put on safety-vests and the others had a picnic. After an hour and 30min. we continued our day at a beach-volleyball court. We played against the Danes but lost 21:12. 

We had a nice trip together! 

Written by: BGYW21 Kra